Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21 September 2010 09:29, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 7:20 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>>> There are considerable benefits to having a standby registry with a
>>> table-like interface.  Particularly, one where we could change
>>> replication via UPDATE (or ALTER STANDBY) statements.
>>
>> I think that using a system catalog for this is going to be a
>> non-starter, but we could use a flat file that is designed to be
>> machine-editable (and thus avoid repeating the mistake we've made with
>> postgresql.conf).
>
> Yep, the standby registration information should be accessible and
> changable while the server is not running. So using only system
> catalog is not an answer.
>
> My patch has implemented standbys.conf which was proposed before.
> This format is the almost same as the pg_hba.conf. Is this
> machine-editable, you think? If not, we should the format to
> something like xml?

I really don't think an XML config would improve anything.  In fact it
would just introduce more ways to break the config by the mere fact it
has to be well-formed.  I'd be in favour of one similar to
pg_hba.conf, because then, at least, we'd still only have 2 formats of
configuration.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication