Re: Autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Rob Richardson
<Rob.Richardson@rad-con.com> wrote:
> A customer found this in one PostgreSQL log file:
>
> EDTWARNING:  autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration
> This has only appeared once.  The database has been restarted since then
> (about eight days ago), and this message has not reappeared.  For now, we're
> not going to worry about it, but I remain curious.  What would have caused
> this, and where would I have looked to find the problem?

You don't mention the version of pgsql you're using, that might prove
helpful.  Basically on older pg versions when autovac first showed up
(7.4 or so) you had to turn the stats collector on and block level
stats for it to do its job.  It could be that got turned off for
troubleshooting or something a while back?

Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration