Re: Redundant database objects.

От Andrew Bartley
Тема Re: Redundant database objects.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Joe,

Unfortunately these views only give me what appears to be a certain time frame.  This does not help all that much.  It will give a list of tables, indexes and sequences that have been used in the time frame, so that is at least a start.

It would be good if there was a timestamp (last accessed) that would give me a clearer indication.

Thanks

Andrew

On 13 July 2010 08:46, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
On 07/12/2010 02:40 PM, Andrew Bartley wrote:
> We have a large number of orphaned or redundant tables, views, and
> functions, due to many years of inadequate source management.
>
> We are running " PostgreSQL 8.3.7 on i486-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
> gcc-4.3.real (Debian 4.3.2-1.1) 4.3.2 "
>
> Is there an effective way to identify these objects using the stats
> tables?  Something like a last accessed/used or some such column?

Maybe pg_statio* views?
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/monitoring-stats.html

Joe

--
Joe Conway
credativ LLC: http://www.credativ.us

Сообщение: Re: Redundant database objects.
Сообщение: Re: Redundant database objects.