Re: pgpool-II 3.0 + postgres 9rc1 + md5 authentication not working

От Bryan Murphy
Тема Re: pgpool-II 3.0 + postgres 9rc1 + md5 authentication not working
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
I have used PostgreSQL 9.0 + pgpool-II 3.0 and they work fine with md5
auth.  Your log seems to indicate that the password in pool_passwd and
the one in pg_shadow are not identical. Can you verify that?
The query result:

select passwd from pg_shadow where usename = 'test';

must be identical the password in pool_passwd for user test.

Ah, that was it!  I'll double check how I'm generating the passwords in pool_passwd, but once I copied the md5 from pg_shadow to pool_passwd it started working.

Many thanks for your help!

Bryan