Re: BBU Cache vs. spindles

От Rob Wultsch
Тема Re: BBU Cache vs. spindles
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Rob Wultsch <wultsch@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> not needing full_page_writes would make geographically dispersed
>> replication possible for certain cases where it is not currently
>> (or at least rather painful).
>
> Do you have any hard numbers on WAL file size impact?  How much does
> pglesslog help in a file-based WAL transmission environment?  Should
> we be considering similar filtering for streaming replication?
>
> -Kevin

No, I am DBA that mostly works on MySQL. I have had to deal with
(handwaving...) tangential issues recently. I really would like to
work with PG more and this seems like it would be a significant
hindrance for certain usage patterns. Lots of replication does not
take place over gig...

--
Rob Wultsch
wultsch@gmail.com