Re: pg 9.0, streaming replication, fail over and fail back strategies

От Kyle R. Burton
Тема Re: pg 9.0, streaming replication, fail over and fail back strategies
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> Is there any way to get PostgreSQL to bind to a new ip address and
>> interface without actually shutting it down?  If it could, would I
>> need to break all the current (read only) client connections to get
>> them to reconnect and have the ability to write?  (am I confused about
>> this?)
>
> I wonder if you could have pg on a steady ip and use iptables to
> forward traffic there after a failover...

That is an excellent suggestion!  It just didn't occur to me.  I've
tried googling how to forward a port and am not having much success
(rinetd worked, but I feel like I should be able to get iptables to
work - do you have any pointers I could follow?)

Thanks again, this will most likely sove my vip binding issue.

Kyle

--
Twitter: @kyleburton
Blog: http://asymmetrical-view.com/