Re: Can psql show the column type of a result ?

От Richard Broersma
Тема Re: Can psql show the column type of a result ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:52 PM, "Nils O. Selåsdal"
<noselasd@asgaard.homelinux.org> wrote:
>  Hello,
> I'm wondering if there's a way to show the column type of a result with
> psql, e.g.
>
>> select sum(r) from mytable;
> -------
>  101.0
>
> I'd like to see the type of the 'r' column.
>

> --

From psql you can use:

\d mytable

sql to show this might look like:

SELECT a.attname,
  pg_catalog.format_type(a.atttypid, a.atttypmod),
  (SELECT substring(pg_catalog.pg_get_expr(d.adbin, d.adrelid) for 128)
   FROM pg_catalog.pg_attrdef d
   WHERE d.adrelid = a.attrelid AND d.adnum = a.attnum AND a.atthasdef),
  a.attnotnull, a.attnum
FROM pg_catalog.pg_attribute AS a
INNER JOIN pg_catalog.pg_class c
         ON C.oid = a.attrelid
WHERE  c.relname ~ '^(mytable)$' AND a.attnum > 0 AND NOT a.attisdropped
ORDER BY a.attnum;

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.