Re: Can psql show the column type of a result ?

От Nils O. Selåsdal
Тема Re: Can psql show the column type of a result ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
  On 22.09.2010 23:26, Richard Broersma wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:52 PM, "Nils O. Selåsdal"
> <noselasd@asgaard.homelinux.org>  wrote:
>>   Hello,
>> I'm wondering if there's a way to show the column type of a result with
>> psql, e.g.
>>
>>> select sum(r) from mytable;
>> -------
>>   101.0
>>
>> I'd like to see the type of the 'r' column.
>>

>> --
>>
> > From psql you can use:
>
> \d mytable
>
> sql to show this might look like:
>
> SELECT a.attname,
>    pg_catalog.format_type(a.atttypid, a.atttypmod),
>    (SELECT substring(pg_catalog.pg_get_expr(d.adbin, d.adrelid) for 128)
>     FROM pg_catalog.pg_attrdef d
>     WHERE d.adrelid = a.attrelid AND d.adnum = a.attnum AND a.atthasdef),
>    a.attnotnull, a.attnum
> FROM pg_catalog.pg_attribute AS a
> INNER JOIN pg_catalog.pg_class c
>           ON C.oid = a.attrelid
> WHERE  c.relname ~ '^(mytable)$' AND a.attnum>  0 AND NOT a.attisdropped
> ORDER BY a.attnum;

This is ok for showing tables, but insufficient for showing the type of
a result set, which might
differ from the table being queried ,depending on what
operators/constants/functions a query uses to pull out data
  - which was my current problem.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-sql] Daily digest v1.3328 (5 messages)
От: David Wilson
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-sql] Daily digest v1.3328 (5 messages)