Mammoth Replicator

От Eliot Gable
Тема Mammoth Replicator
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Has anyone on this list (other than Command Prompt people) had any
experience with Mammoth Replicator? If so, what are your thoughts /
opinions of the system? Are there any drawbacks you can think of for
using it verses something else?

I like the fact that it is integrated into PostgreSQL, and I love the
way it operates in terms of commands for setting up tables to be
replicated and starting / stopping replication. It just seems like a
very simple system to use. However, with PostgreSQL 9.0 on the
horizon, I'm wondering if I should really be deploying version 8.3 on
new systems, and I'm worried about how long the code is going to be
supported. It looks like activity on the project has dropped off a
cliff in the past few months (at least from the perspective of
activity on the replicator-general mailing list).

I would appreciate any comments or thoughts anyone might have about the system.

Thanks.

--
Eliot Gable

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors: we borrow it from our
children." ~David Brower

"I decided the words were too conservative for me. We're not borrowing
from our children, we're stealing from them--and it's not even
considered to be a crime." ~David Brower

"Esse oportet ut vivas, non vivere ut edas." (Thou shouldst eat to
live; not live to eat.) ~Marcus Tullius Cicero