Re: Simplifying replication

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Simplifying replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 2:34 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> When we get close enough to max_wal_size (we'll need a couple segments of
> leeway, I think), we start recycling WAL segments even if they are less that
> min_wal_time old.

What happens if max_wal_size is less than checkpoint_segments?
Currently a checkpoint tries to leave WAL files which were generated
from the prior ckpt start to current ckpt end. Because those WAL files
are required for crash recovery. But we should delete some of them
according to max_wal_size?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao