Re: Simplifying replication

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Simplifying replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What happens if max_wal_size is less than checkpoint_segments?
> Currently a checkpoint tries to leave WAL files which were generated
> from the prior ckpt start to current ckpt end. Because those WAL files
> are required for crash recovery. But we should delete some of them
> according to max_wal_size?

The ideas is that max_wal_size would *replace* checkpoint_segments.  The
checkpoint_segments setting is baffling to most PG DBAs.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com

Сообщение: Re: Range Types, discrete and/or continuous
Сообщение: Re: Range Types, discrete and/or continuous