Re: patch: remove redundant code from pl_exec.c

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: patch: remove redundant code from pl_exec.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/12/17 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:
> Excerpts from Pavel Stehule's message of vie dic 17 07:02:00 -0300 2010:
>> Hello
>>
>> This patch remove redundant rows from PL/pgSQL executor (-89 lines).
>> Doesn't change a functionality.
>
> Hmm I'm not sure but I think the new code has some of the result values
> inverted.  Did you test this thoroughly?  I think this would be a nice
> simplification because the repetitive coding is ugly and confusing, but
> I'm nervous about the unstated assumption that all loop structs are
> castable to the new struct.  Seems like it could be easily broken in the
> future.

All regress tests was successful.

A common structure isn't a new. There is same for FOR loops, there is
some similar in parser yylval, and it is only explicit description of
used construction for stmt structures. I should not to modify any
other structure. But I am not strong in this. A interface can be
changed and enhanced about pointer to label. Just I am not satisfied
from current state, where same things are implemented with minimal
difference.

Pavel