Re: patch: remove redundant code from pl_exec.c

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: patch: remove redundant code from pl_exec.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Pavel Stehule's message of vie dic 17 07:02:00 -0300 2010:
> Hello
>
> This patch remove redundant rows from PL/pgSQL executor (-89 lines).
> Doesn't change a functionality.

Hmm I'm not sure but I think the new code has some of the result values
inverted.  Did you test this thoroughly?  I think this would be a nice
simplification because the repetitive coding is ugly and confusing, but
I'm nervous about the unstated assumption that all loop structs are
castable to the new struct.  Seems like it could be easily broken in the
future.