Re: string function - "format" function proposal

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: string function - "format" function proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> They're both somewhat arcane. But I think the C syntax is likely to be more
> familiar to a wider group of users (including, for example, perl hackers)
> than the C# syntax, and is to be preferred on those grounds alone.

OK, probably C syntax is the best design.
Then, let's merge format() and  substitute() in the latest patch.

I have a comment about %i for identifier format. %i is also used in
printf(), so it would be better to choose another character, like %I.
(%l is ok, but would be %L if we choose %I.)
Implementation for sprintf() in strincfunc might not be used now,
but it will be a conflict when we also merge it to format() in the future.

--
Itagaki Takahiro