Re: install PostgreSQL 9 .0.1 issue using linux binary package .bin

От Dharmendra Goyal
Тема Re: install PostgreSQL 9 .0.1 issue using linux binary package .bin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tahir,

Can you please send out output of following command:
ls -l installer_file

also send the command which you are running to run the installer.

Regards,

From: Tahir Tamba <tahir54@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 6:15 AM
Subject: [GENERAL] install PostgreSQL 9 .0.1 issue using linux binary
package .bin
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org

Hi,

I downloaded PostgreSQL 9.0.1 binary package for Linux from Entreprise
DB Web page, but when I try to install the binary package, I get the
follwing message error:
/home/ttamba/Desktop/postgresql-9.0.1-1-linux.bin: 1: Syntax error:
"(" unexpected
I'm using ubuntu 10.04 LTS distribution and before running the install
using .bin package I anable the permission to read and write the .bin
package.

Any help to resolve this issue will be appreciated.

Regards

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Dharmendra Goyal
Senior Software Engineer

Phone: +91-20-30589493
Mobile: +91-9552103323

Website: http://www.enterprisedb.com
EnterpriseDB Blog: http://blogs.enterprisedb.com/
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb

This e-mail message (and any attachment) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. This message contains information from EnterpriseDB Corporation that may be privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.