install PostgreSQL 9 .0.1 issue using linux binary package .bin

От Tahir Tamba
Тема install PostgreSQL 9 .0.1 issue using linux binary package .bin
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I downloaded PostgreSQL 9.0.1 binary package for Linux from Entreprise DB Web page, but when I try to install the binary package, I get the follwing message error:
/home/ttamba/Desktop/postgresql-9.0.1-1-linux.bin: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
I'm using ubuntu 10.04 LTS distribution and before running the install using .bin package I anable the permission to read and write the .bin package.

Any help to resolve this issue will be appreciated.

Regards