Re: Extensions and custom_variable_classes (was: Extensions, patch v20 (bitrot fixes))

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: Extensions and custom_variable_classes (was: Extensions, patch v20 (bitrot fixes))
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 23:45, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I'd still argue for putting
> it in a separate patch.  I think that the value of extensions is first
> and foremost that they can simplify installing, removing, dumping, and
> restoring extensions.  I'd rather see us nail that, and then worry
> about custom_variable_classes as a separate issue, likely for 9.2 or
> beyond.

+1 to split the custom_variable_classes issue. It's a longstanding
TODO item, but EXTENSION is still very useful without the fix.

It's my guess that ExtensionSetCVC() can initialize modules one-by-one
and be called on demand, for example, at SHOW, searching pg_settings,
or assignment to variables with unknown classes.

--
Itagaki Takahiro