Re: Extensions and custom_variable_classes (was: Extensions, patch v20 (bitrot fixes))

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Extensions and custom_variable_classes (was: Extensions, patch v20 (bitrot fixes))
Дата
Re: Extensions and custom_variable_classes  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> Now, for people following but not reading the patch, what's in is that
> in order for extensions using custom_variable_classes to work without
> the user having to care about it, I've added an step at backend startup
> time to seqscan pg_extension and update custom_variable_classes from
> this catalog.

I agree with Robert that that is an utterly horrid, broken concept.

Just to point out one concrete problem: the postmaster reads
postgresql.conf too, so it would have to do this as well in order to
parse postgresql.conf correctly.

Please remove it.  If you think of a non-broken way to do this later,
we can revisit the problem then.