Re: Configure Postgres From SQL

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Configure Postgres From SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Please don't top post.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Tom Wilcox <hungrytom@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/07/2010 19:26, Scott Marlowe wrote:

Much deleted, so my reply to your question is more obvious.

>> Is there a way to insert the data with these values already set when
>> you first load the db?
>>
> I could perform the settings manually (set config, restart svr, execute
> script, come back 2 days later, reset config, restart svr, execute more
> script,...), but that sort of defeats the point. My aim to have the
> simplest, automatic setup possible. Preferably completely contained within
> PostgreSQL so that all is need is a dump of the DB for a complete backup...

Not what I was talking about.  Is there a way to NOT perform the
update you mention up above, by inserting the data with the values
already set properly.  I don't see why that can't be incorporated into
your solution, but I'm not sure how exactly your solution is working.

Note that customer requirement that it all be in SQL is a bit idiotic.