Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 12:09, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> What the RPM packaging does is run this (approximately):
>
> Well building the debian package also run make check.  My question is if
> that's enough QA here for us?

Don't the RPM building guys (Hi, Devrim!) also run the tests on an
installed version of the RPMs? Should be easy enough to automate
something like that, no? Though there obviously has to be some point
where to stop - should we test both install and upgrade?

> The other side of things if that we will need to provide for a debian
> repository with support for at least lenny and squeeze and sid, and i386
> and amd64.  Maybe some more.  We will need some build environments here.

I think i386 and amd64 are enough, really. We could add more later if
necessary, but i don't think we need to.

I assume this can be easily virtualized - e.g. having one VM for each
version and just boot it up, update all dependencis, build, and shut
down? in fact, shouldn't there be tools around already that do this
automated?

> Anybody thinking we should somehow include ubuntu in the mix?  If yes,
> which versions?

Yes, since according to a comment somewhere the same issue will bubble
into ubuntu soon. At this point, definitely 8.04 and 10.04, and
probably 10.10. If things can be easily automated, it would be great
if we could do *all* supported ubuntu, but doing LTS and the latest
one or two non-LTS releases.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/