Re: Old versions directories on the ftp site

От Selena Deckelmann
Тема Re: Old versions directories on the ftp site
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> We have a policy to keep two (IIRC) versions of each version in the
>> ftp site. How about we stick a README file in all the ones that are
>> not current saying something along the line of "NOTE! This is an old
>> release available for historical reasons only. You should probably use
>> the latest one". That will automatically render it up on the website,
>> which should make it at least theoretically possible that someone
>> reads it..
>
> I thought all the really old versions were pushed over to ftp-archive
> already?
>
> I should think that someone who chooses to look into an 8.1
> subdirectory, when there are 8.2 etc right next to it, is already
> well aware that he's grabbing an old version.  I'm not sure that
> this proposal offers more than an annoying nag message.

I think the point was for links sent out in release messages (only 2
weeks old in this case for 9.0), and they go directly to 9.0.0
directory, missing 9.0.1.

For example, the release linked:http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v9.0.0/

So, if you went directly there, there's no indication a newer release
is available.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me