Re: Old versions directories on the ftp site

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Old versions directories on the ftp site
Дата
Re: Old versions directories on the ftp site  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-www
> We have a policy to keep two (IIRC) versions of each version in the
> ftp site. How about we stick a README file in all the ones that are
> not current saying something along the line of "NOTE! This is an old
> release available for historical reasons only. You should probably use
> the latest one". That will automatically render it up on the website,
> which should make it at least theoretically possible that someone
> reads it..

I thought all the really old versions were pushed over to ftp-archive
already?

I should think that someone who chooses to look into an 8.1
subdirectory, when there are 8.2 etc right next to it, is already
well aware that he's grabbing an old version.  I'm not sure that
this proposal offers more than an annoying nag message.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: