Re: System catalog changes between 9.0 beta4 and rc1

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: System catalog changes between 9.0 beta4 and rc1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2 September 2010 17:45, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
>> I've asked this question on IRC, but unfortunately no answer.  Could
>> someone tell me what system catalog changes were made between 9.0
>> beta4 and RC1?
>
> The CVS (or soon to be git) log for catversion.h is a good place to
> look for answers to such questions.
> http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/include/catalog/catversion.h
>
> In this case the answer is:
>
> Remove the single-argument form of string_agg().  It added nothing much in
> functionality, while creating an ambiguity in usage with ORDER BY that at
> least two people have already gotten seriously confused by.  Also, add an
> opr_sanity test to check that we don't in future violate the newly minted
> policy of not having built-in aggregates with the same name and different
> numbers of parameters.  Per discussion of a complaint from Thom Brown.
>
>                        regards, tom lane

For some reason I thought that was beta 4 but I've obviously got my
versions mixed up.

Thanks Tom.
--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: On-disk size of db increased after restore
Сообщение: Re: On-disk size of db increased after restore