Re: Another table/column has semi-current COUNTs?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Another table/column has semi-current COUNTs?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

2011/1/19 Ozz Nixon <ozznixon@gmail.com>:
> A while back someone answered a question I was running into - poor performance on count(*) from a table which is
constantlygrowing. The answer was like looking at oracle's V$ table - and I could get a semi-current count. (I do not
needthe exact count - just checking to make sure the table is growing).

http://www.commandprompt.com/community/pgdocs81/planner-stats-details

column reltuples in table pg_class.

Regards

Pavel Stehule