Re: unlogged tables

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: unlogged tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of sáb dic 18 02:21:41 -0300 2010:
>> Here's an attempt to summarize the remaining issues with this patch
>> that I know about.  I may have forgotten something, so please mention
>> it if you notice something missing.
>>
>> 1. pg_dump needs an option to control whether unlogged tables are
>> dumped.  --no-unlogged-tables seems like the obvious choice, assuming
>> we want the default to be to dump them, which seems like the safest
>> option.
>
> If there are valid use cases for some unlogged tables being dumped and
> some others not, would it make sense to be able to specify a pattern of
> tables to be dumped or skipped?

Well, if you want to dump a subset of the tables in your database, you
can already do that.  I think that adding a pattern to
--no-unlogged-tables (or whatever we end up calling it) would be an
unnecessary frammish.  There's no particular reason to think that
unlogged tables are going to be so widely used or that concerns about
which ones are going to be so widespread that we should do something
here when we don't even have much simpler things like --function,
which IMHO would extremely useful.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company