pgAdmin III: the debugger does not pre-populate default values for arguments

От Nikhil S
Тема pgAdmin III: the debugger does not pre-populate default values for arguments
Дата
Re: pgAdmin III: the debugger does not pre-populate default values for arguments  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

The debugger, when it is invoked on a function or a procedure, provides a dialogue box to fill up values for the arguments. In case the user has created them with some default values assigned to some of the parameters, then they would expect that the debugger pre-populates them with those default values. This is not happening currently.

The attached patch provides this functionality.

We check if the "argdefvals" column exists in the output for the func/proc. If it does, it gets tokenized and added to the corresponding wsArgInfo object. These values then get displayed appropriately.

One side-effect of this feature is that earlier where non-default variables appeared as empty, they will now appear with values "". This will happen only if some arguments have defvals and some don't. We could have added code to do away with "" entries, but then I thought it is possible for people to provide "" as default values too. So we can live with this I think..

Regards,
Nikhils
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Hiding Schedules/Step tabs while creating a new pgAgent job
Сообщение: Re: Hiding Schedules/Step tabs while creating a new pgAgent job