Re: Hiding Schedules/Step tabs while creating a new pgAgent job

От Nikhil S
Тема Re: Hiding Schedules/Step tabs while creating a new pgAgent job
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

> When creating a new job, if one directly clicks on the Schedules tab and
> tries to add one, then the date picker does not work. I was trying to see
> why this is so for quite a while. Then I realized that adding a schedule or
> a step before the job has been actually created does not make sense.

Yes it does - the dialogue will create the job and all the steps and
schedules in one go, when you hit OK on the job dialogue.

Oh, then there is a major issue with schedules in git head. The  dlgJob::OnAddSchedule passes a NULL pgaSchedule node to schedules being newly created. Because of this the calendar that is being used for the date picker remains frozen. Looks like the dlgSchedule::Go function needs to do much more for the creation call in terms of setting things up for the date picker. But I am no wxCalendar expert...

> In dlgJob::Go, I do see some code which tries to do this when the job is
> being created:
>
>         btnChangeStep->Hide();
>         btnChangeSchedule->Hide();
>
> However the above does not seem to be working :(
> Any idea what could be the reason?

Can you see the *Change* button? When you're creating the job, you can
only add or remove new schedules/steps. You can only change ones on
pre-existing jobs. In new job mode, only the Add and Remove buttons
are shown.

Oh ok. These are "Change" buttons. So no, I do not seem them for new jobs.

Regards,
Nikhils