Re: Hiding Schedules/Step tabs while creating a new pgAgent job

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Hiding Schedules/Step tabs while creating a new pgAgent job
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Nikhil S <nixmisc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When creating a new job, if one directly clicks on the Schedules tab and
> tries to add one, then the date picker does not work. I was trying to see
> why this is so for quite a while. Then I realized that adding a schedule or
> a step before the job has been actually created does not make sense.

Yes it does - the dialogue will create the job and all the steps and
schedules in one go, when you hit OK on the job dialogue.

> However the confusion arises from the fact that when we want to create a new
> job, the other tabs are clickable and one can get confused because of this.
> A way to fix this would to hide or freeze the other tabs while creating the
> job for the first time.
>
> In dlgJob::Go, I do see some code which tries to do this when the job is
> being created:
>
>         btnChangeStep->Hide();
>         btnChangeSchedule->Hide();
>
> However the above does not seem to be working :(
> Any idea what could be the reason?

Can you see the *Change* button? When you're creating the job, you can
only add or remove new schedules/steps. You can only change ones on
pre-existing jobs. In new job mode, only the Add and Remove buttons
are shown.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com