Converting join'ed rows into a comma or space delimited list

От Mike Christensen
Тема Converting join'ed rows into a comma or space delimited list
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have the table recipes (ID/Name):

1 - Pancakes
2 - Chicken dish
3 - Tacos

Then I have the table RecipeTags (RecipeID/Tag)

1 - A
1 - C
2 - A
2 - D
3 - E
3 - F
3 - G

I want to query for all recipes, but join in the recipe tags.
However, rather than having a row for each recipe tag, I want to
convert the list of tags into a varchar string with a delimiter
character.  Something like this:

1 - Pancakes - A C
2 - Chicken dish - A D
3 - Tacos - E F G

Is this possible?  The query doesn't have to be fast, since it will
only be run when my website loads for the first time, but I'm guessing
SQL will do it at least as fast as I could do it on the middle tier.
Thanks!

Mike

Сообщение: Re: Converting join'ed rows into a comma or space delimited list
Сообщение: Re: Converting join'ed rows into a comma or space delimited list