Re: Runtime dependency from size of a bytea field

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Runtime dependency from size of a bytea field
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 12:53 AM, Sander, Ingo (NSN - DE/Munich)
<ingo.sander@nsn.com> wrote:
> The difference to my test is that we use the ODBC interface in our C program. Could it be that the difference in the
runtimesis caused by the ODBC?

I've heard tell that ODBC is substantially slower than a native libpq
connection, but I don't know that for a fact, not being an ODBC user.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company