Re: [HACKERS] Trouble with COPY IN

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Trouble with COPY IN
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> Kris Jurka wrote:
>>>
>>> I guess the obvious question is whether we shouldn't instead change
>>> the docs to match the behavior. I suspect there's almost no chance
>>> we'd consider back-patching a change of this type, since it is a clear
>>> behavior change. And even if we did, there would still be people
>>> running servers with the old behavior with which JDBC and other
>>> drivers would have to cope. Having two different behaviors might be
>>> worse than the status quo.
>>>

>> It is a clear behavior change, but that's what bug fixes are.
>
> That was my first reaction. I don't think we're in the business if
> redefining bugs out of existence.

I certainly understand that reaction - I just worry that there might
be people depending on the current behavior.  We really don't want to
get a reputation for breaking things in minor releases.  But this is
not an area of the code I'm very familiar with, and I'm not in a good
position to judge the likelihood of breakage, so I'll defer to those
who are...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Trouble with COPY IN
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Trouble with COPY IN