Re: plpython feature idea: an option to return row results as lists

От Alex Hunsaker
Тема Re: plpython feature idea: an option to return row results as lists
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 15:45, Derek Arnold
<derek.arnold@dealerbuilt.com> wrote:
> With result rows in plpython returned as dicts rather than lists, we ran
> into issues with a need to preserve the column order in the resultset.

Interesting, +1 for the idea.

> plpy.execute("""
>   SELECT 1 as a, 2 as b, NULL as c, ARRAY[1,2,3] as d;
>   """, return_list=True)

Hrm... Maybe a separate function is better. I dont think that will
translate to other languages very well.  For instance pl/perl, you
would end up doing something like spi_exec_query("select 1;",
undefined, {return_list=>1}); ick.  Yes we could make spi_exec_query()
say oh the 2nd arg is a hash? well then its the options.  Seems
fragile, and i dunno about other pls.

FYI, I did look at pl/perl and pl/tcl and they seem to be able to only
return "dictionaries" as well.