Fwd: PITR Recovery settings

От Selva manickaraja
Тема Fwd: PITR Recovery settings
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Any takers on this issue?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Selva manickaraja <mavles78@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 9:10 AM
Subject: PITR Recovery settings
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org

Hi,

We have successfully implemented a  Backup and Recovery process in our organization and currently testing it out. We took a previous day backup and tried to restore it to a point in time.

The database is able to start applying the recovery settings. But it recovered records past the recovery target date and time give by at least 30 minutes. But before that let me tell you that the check_timeout is set every 30 minutes. So logs get shipped every half an hour only. The PgSQL manual say that recovery is always until end of WAL log. However we also set the recovery_target_inclusive as false to ensure that transaction after the specified time is not loaded to the recovered database. But in actual, this is not happening. I understand that there is also a way to recover by individual transaction. Would that be helpful in this kind of scenario?

Below is the recovery.conf file which was renamed as recovery.done after starting the database.

recovery_target_time = '2011-03-23 16:05:00 MYT'
recovery_target_inclusive = 'false'
restore_command = 'cp /pgsbak/recovery/wal_archive/%f %p'
archive_cleanup_command = 'pg_archivecleanup /pgsbak/recovery/wal_archive %r'

Kindly assist.

Thank you.

Regards.

Selvam