Re: where does postgres keep the query result until it is returned?

От Willy-Bas Loos
Тема Re: where does postgres keep the query result until it is returned?
Дата
Re: where does postgres keep the query result until it is returned?  (Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
> Rows are sent back in the entireity, so the PG instance would need
> enough memory to work with that row.  When you're running a 32bit
> version of PG, values whose size is beyond ~100MB are a bit touch and go
> whether it will work.

?? I hear that it's posible to store up to a GiB as a value for a "text" field.
How would i possibly retrieve that data from the database?

It would be logical to use work_mem for this.. (IMHO)

Cheers,

Willy-Bas

--
"Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all
others because you were born in it." -- George Bernard Shaw