Re: [HACKERS] JDBC and Binary protocol error, for some statements

От Maciek Sakrejda
Тема Re: [HACKERS] JDBC and Binary protocol error, for some statements
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] JDBC and Binary protocol error, for some statements  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
> So, to summarise, I shouldn't believe server DescribeRow (in context of format), in this situation, but only I should
lookat this what I asked
> for, isn't it? If I asked for columns in binary format, I need to do binary reading regarding what server has
responded?

Yes, because in this case "0" doesn't mean "the result will be in
text", it means, "you issued the statement-variant of Describe, so I'm
not sure what the result format will be yet."

> If I asked for odd columns in text, even in binary do I need to choose proper format basing only on my request?

I don't quite understand this question, but I think so. I don't think
there's ever a situation where the server will ignore your result
format requests.

> But to the last part of cited protocol specification, when I've sent message with statement parameter's type int4,
int8,varchar the format
> field wasn't set to 0, but 1.

I wasn't able to reproduce that with my standalone test case. When I
changed the parameter oid to 23, I still got the same behavior. Can
you alter my test case to reproduce the error?

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com