Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I agree that having the crash dump code know anything specific about the
> contents of shared memory is a nonstarter --- far too fragile.  But
> perhaps we could have some simple rule based only on what the kernel
> knows about the shmem block, like "dump shmem if it's no more than 1GB".

Not sure what knobs we have available, but would there be any value in
trying to dump the FIRST 1GB?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: keeping a timestamp of the last stats reset (for a db, table and function)