Re: git diff --patience

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: git diff --patience
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Attached are two versions of the same patch, with and without --patience.

The with-patience version has only two hunks, removal of a big block of comment and addition of a big block of code.

The without-patience patience is riddled with the mix of two hunks, spread until line 120.

--patience is a clear winner here.

Regards,

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> Do you have an existing commit where you see a difference so I can
> try it and see if there is some other problem that my local
> configuration has?

Random poking around in the postgresql.git commits didn't turn up
any where it mattered, so here's before and after files for the
example diff files already posted.  If you create branch, commit the
before copy, and copy in the after copy, you should be able to
replicate the results I posted.

-Kevin

gurjeet.singh
@ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company
http://www.EnterpriseDB.com

singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | yahoo }.com
Twitter/Skype: singh_gurjeet

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: O_DSYNC broken on MacOS X?
Сообщение: Re: O_DSYNC broken on MacOS X?