Re: git diff --patience

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: git diff --patience
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
> The with-patience version has only two hunks, removal of a big
> block of comment and addition of a big block of code.
>
> The without-patience patience is riddled with the mix of two
> hunks, spread until line 120.
>
> --patience is a clear winner here.
When I read the description of the algorithm, I can't imagine a
situation where --patience would make the diff *worse*.  I was
somewhat afraid (based on the name) that it would be slow; but
if it is slower, it hasn't been by enough for me to notice it.
-Kevin

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Patch to reindex primary keys
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Postgres vs. intel ccNUMA on Linux