Re: What Linux edition we should chose?

От Clemens Schwaighofer
Тема Re: What Linux edition we should chose?
Дата
Re: What Linux edition we should chose?  (Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I run debian/testing since years and it is the best in my opinion.
Besides the fact that new versions come in quite fast (after the wait
phase from unstable to testing) the upgrade for major versions (eg 8.3
to 8.4) is very simple as it does not override the old files but does
a parallel install.

This is something I do miss from the RPM versions. Because if you do
not dump the data before you upgrade, you are quit screwed.

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 17:29, Michal Szymanski <dyrex@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
> Currently we use Debian, but it chosen by our OS admnistrator. Now we
> can change our OS and it is question what Linux edition will be the
> best. We would like have access to new versions of Postgres as soon
> as  possible, for Debian sometimes we had to wait many weeks for
> official packages.
>
> Regards
> Michal Szymanski
>
> --

★ Clemens 呉 Schwaighofer
★ IT Engineer/Web Producer/Planning
★ E-Graphics Communications SP Digital
★ 6-17-2 Ginza Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8167, JAPAN
★ Tel: +81-(0)3-3545-7706
★ Fax: +81-(0)3-3545-7343
★ http://www.e-gra.co.jp

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which
it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is
privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to
disclaimer@tbwaworld.com and please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media.
We appreciate your cooperation.

Сообщение: Re: What Linux edition we should chose?
Сообщение: Re: What Linux edition we should chose?