Re: Insert and Retrieve unsigned char sequences using C

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Insert and Retrieve unsigned char sequences using C
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 8:14 PM, vinicius_bra <viniciusams@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm developing a system in C and I have a unsigned char pointer that
> represents a struct and I like to store it in a bytea column in postgreSQL.
> How can I do it?
> Example:

you have several options:
*) encode the memory for the structure PQescapeStringConn and send to
PQexec (my least favorite method)
*) set up a call to PQexecParams (more work, but faster and no escaping)
*) make a composite type on the server and send your structure in a
more classical SQL way
*) use libpqtypes (this is the most set up work, but the best in the
long run) :-)

w/libpqtypes:
PGbytea b = {sizeof(s), &s};
PGresult *res = PQexecf(conn, "insert into t values (%bytea)", b);
PQclear(res);

merlin