Re: Facing Problem in Autovacuuming Deamon....

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Facing Problem in Autovacuuming Deamon....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Deven <devendra@covacsis.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using Postgresql Database for our system storage and I am running
> Autovacuuming Deamon on my entire database. But on of the table set in my
> database never undergoes the Autovacuuming. I always need to do the manual
> vacuuming on that table.

The autovacuum daemon has thresholds for when it should vacuum a
table.  Is it possible your table just doesn't have enough updates to
make autovacuum kick in?

What version pgsql are you running?  What are your autovacuum_*
settings?  What does pg_stat_user_tables have to say about last
vacuum, autovacuum, n_dead_tup, etc?

> Can anyone kindly tell me the solution for the same problem.Do I need to do
> any configurations to come out of this problem?

Normally autovac should just fire off a thread when needed