Re: Confusing Linux download page

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Confusing Linux download page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 02:45, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Looking at http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux, it says:
>
>        Note: The one click installers do not integrate with platform-specific
>        packaging systems. If you need RPM, APT or Portage integration, please
>        use the packages below.
>
> but below that text is the link for one click installers.  That is very
> confusing.
>
> Shouldn't that text be below the one-click installer links, so "below"
> really means right below.

Yes, that page is still fairly confusing. And I still come across a
lot of people who have downloaded the oneclick because they thought
that's what we recommend - and it's not...

I suggest we move the one click installers to below the packages, and
also add an index to the page. See
http://magnus.webdev.postgresql.org/download/linux for what I mean.

I've also fixed the RPM attribution from your other mail on this one.

Thoughts?

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: