Re: Confusing Linux download page

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Confusing Linux download page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 02:45, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> Looking at http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux, it says:
>>
>>        Note: The one click installers do not integrate with platform-specific
>>        packaging systems. If you need RPM, APT or Portage integration, please
>>        use the packages below.
>>
>> but below that text is the link for one click installers.  That is very
>> confusing.
>>
>> Shouldn't that text be below the one-click installer links, so "below"
>> really means right below.
>
> Yes, that page is still fairly confusing. And I still come across a
> lot of people who have downloaded the oneclick because they thought
> that's what we recommend - and it's not...

And previously we used to get a whole lot of people who didn't
understand native packaging for whatever reason (usually because they
couldn't figure out what 23 packages to install), for whom the
one-clicks are much easier. We *don't* get those people emailing
webmaster@ any more, which indicates to me that the current layout
works more effectively.

--
Dave Page