Re: Need Some Recent Information on the Differences between Postgres and MySql

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Need Some Recent Information on the Differences between Postgres and MySql
Дата
Re: Need Some Recent Information on the Differences between Postgres and MySql  (Jim Montgomery <monty1967@hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:22 AM, A. Kretschmer
<andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Didn't PostgreSQL used to have more than 1 storage engine in the past?
>> >  I thought I read somewhere it did, but it was decided it was a
>> > compromise on stability and/or quality, so ended up using a single
>> > kick-ass engine?
>>
>> Yes, many, many moons ago.
>
> Really? Do you have a link?

Hmm, I think I misread Thom's question. The smgr API used to be far
more rigidly designed as I understand it, to allow the possibility of
having different storage engines (for example, maybe one that used raw
devices). I don't know that any other storage engines were ever
actually written though.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: Need Some Recent Information on the Differences between Postgres and MySql
Сообщение: Re: Need Some Recent Information on the Differences between Postgres and MySql