Re: Autovacuum Daemon is Turned On by Default in Postgres 8.3.8?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Autovacuum Daemon is Turned On by Default in Postgres 8.3.8?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Wang, Mary Y <mary.y.wang@boeing.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at my log file (see my log file below) and it seems like the autovacuum daemon is turned on by default in
Postgres8.3.8.  Does that mean that I no longer need to manually invoke the autovacuum command anymore?  I used to do
itmanually in an older version of Postgres.

For most installations autovacuum with default settings is just fine.
If you run a really busy site then you might have to adjust the
parameters of autovac as well as the free space map.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum Daemon is Turned On by Default in Postgres 8.3.8?
От: zhong ming wu
Сообщение: c program fails to run with the postgres which is installed at user location