Re: Queues Problem

От Vick Khera
Тема Re: Queues Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 2:01 PM, uaca man <uacaman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You will have to write your code to be more event
>>driven, and make the web server just generate requests and view the
>>results where they are stored.
>
> What do you mean? That is what I think I am trying to do. No?

You have work you need done.  You want to send that work to some
worker (a cron job or never-ending loop in your description) to do the
work and get back an answer either directly or posted to some place
(the database).  Seems to me like gearman and or AMQP would be ideal
solutions, and you can then have as many workers as you want and not
worry about contention of querying for the next job in the table which
inherently requires some form of locking.