Re: Queues Problem

От uaca man
Тема Re: Queues Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>You should investigate a proper queueing or job scheduling solution,
>such as RabbitMQ or Qpid or gearman.  They are designed for this type
>of requirement.

All of those(RabbitMQ , Qpid and gearman) are messages queue and are used to exchange message between different process, system, applications or whatever you like, much like IBM MQSeries Plataform.

I don’t see how this is related to problem. Did is miss something?

> You will have to write your code to be more event
>driven, and make the web server just generate requests and view the
>results where they are stored.

What do you mean? That is what I think I am trying to do. No?

2010/6/8 Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org>
On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:53 PM, uaca man <uacaman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lets say for a 20 thousand users server, it may have at most 20 thousand
> constructions started at the same time.
>
> To accomplish such behavior so far I could come up with two options:
>
> 1.       Make a never ending function that will look at the   BuildingQueue
> table every second and finish the construction.
>
> 2.       Every time the user start a construction add a cron job for that
> construction to run 1 seconds after the construction is finished and call a
> function the will finish.

You should investigate a proper queueing or job scheduling solution,
such as RabbitMQ or Qpid or gearman.  They are designed for this type
of requirement.  You will have to write your code to be more event