Re: Storing the data on a portable extenal hard drive

От Sean Davis
Тема Re: Storing the data on a portable extenal hard drive
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Sindile Bidla <sindile.bidla@gmail.com> wrote:
This is really for my own personal use.
The idea is to move all the database object currently on my laptop hard-drive to an external hard-drive connected to my laptop via usb. This will allow me to free space on the laptop.

I often symlink the pgdata directory to another location for convenience.  You could probably do the same thing, allowing you to move the data to anywhere you like, including an external hard drive.  Again, you'll want to make sure that this won't be removed with the server running, or you will have problems.

Sean