Re: Storing the data on a portable extenal hard drive

От Jean-Yves F. Barbier
Тема Re: Storing the data on a portable extenal hard drive
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Le Fri, 9 Jul 2010 15:49:49 +0200,
Sindile Bidla <sindile.bidla@gmail.com> a écrit :

> This is really for my own personal use.
> The idea is to move all the database object currently on my laptop
> hard-drive to an external hard-drive connected to my laptop via usb. This
> will allow me to free space on the laptop.

As it is personnal use only, everything's possible; but if your data has
value, this is a terrible idea (nothing's more fragile than a portable HD)

have you considered an ssh server access from home (w/ dyndns if needed)?

--
You will be dead within a year.