Re: patch: to_string, to_array functions

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: patch: to_string, to_array functions
Дата
Re: patch: to_string, to_array functions  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/7/20 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:
> here is a new version - new these functions are not a strict and
> function to_string is marked as stable.

We have array_to_string(anyarray, text) and string_to_array(text, text),
and you'll introduce to_string(anyarray, text, text) and
to_array(text, text, text).
Do we think it is good idea to have different names for them?  IMHO, we'd
better  use 3 arguments version of array_to_string() instead of the
new to_string() ?

If to_string and to_array is in the SQL standard, we can accept the
name changes.
But if there are no standard, I'd like to keep the existing function names.

--
Itagaki Takahiro